Friday

Hello Dolly

Hello darling SJ.

I love your cheer-up post. I'm taking all your advice, for it is all worthy advice. And I actually feel a lot better already. I just got the wobbles the other day when I got that disappointing news from the embassy, but really, it is not the end of the universe. Every cloud etc etc. And yes, fifteen days flitting about NYC is a rather marvellous silver lining. It's like me moaning that my diamond necklaces are dreadfully heavy and my gold shoes are weighing me down on the dancefloor. Ridiculous really.

Right now I'm listening to Arcade Fire, then I'm going to listen to some Dolly Parton. Ah, DOLLY. You are my patron saint. I will never tire of you. Here is a picture of a lovely piece of work by Jenny Hart. It tickled my fancy bigtime, and I thought you might like it too.

What was that great Dolly quote? "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment