Thursday

Worst. Correspondent. Ever.

I was having much fun writing this blog with you, and then I vagued out because we were talking so much via instant message and text and I wasn't so sure what to tell you any more. So... I'm going to roll with some free association. Enjoy, my love.

At the moment I am very obsessed with decluttering/reorganising. I pulled apart my concertina file of papers the other night, scanned in the one or two things that are actually important, and chucked the rest. It makes me so happy to get rid of things, I genuinely have a little frisson of pleasure each time I get rid of something. I sold a bunch of books and my hoop and have made $70 dollars this week. I spent most of this on my new Filofax which I am so in love with (what a geek!)

This evening Shan and Jo and I had beers at Duke Carvells and then a cheapish dinner at Sweet Mother's Kitchen. Fun! Book club was last night; we've decided we need to Skype you in. Shall I let you know the next book we're doing? Nat is very excited to get us reading something super clever, possibly some kind of biography.

I'm going to start watching A History of Christianity this week. I'm looking forward to the bits about the Byzantine empire and early Christian art - did you do that paper with me? I can't remember that much about it - except things to do with feasts in Roman catacombs. Oh, and beautiful illuminated manuscripts! I love illuminated manuscripts. I'm kind of a geek for medieval art ... love me some primitivist images.

I finally got rid of that text book BTW. Absolutely gorgeous pictures, but taking up room and gathering dust and I haven't looked at the images since that class. Did you know that nearly everything I've written here has segued into me obsessing about saving money and decluttering? I'm a woman crazed at the moment.

And now a toast, to you:

nice cup of tea and a biscuit

Love to you darling, I figure that you're probably packing up and making your way to New York about now. Have a fabulous time! xx

1 comment:

  1. Yessssss skype me into book club. I know I only got a third of the way through Interview with the Vampire, but I did show up to book club and drunkenly spoke at length about Tom Cruise. My entertainment value might save my status as a valuable addition to book club. Maybe.

    So logistics: at the moment I only have my iPhone, but I might be buying a laptop for cheap. If it pans out I'll get a wee webcam and BAM! Skype ready. What book are you doing next?

    ReplyDelete